Friday, August 19, 2011

Skip and hop!

Since I'm just starting this blog now, I'll be "flashing back" to Ben in younger months (he's 9 months old now) and mixing it up with the here and now!

Several months ago I joined an AMAZING photography community called Clickin' Moms. This website has helped me leaps and bounds!!! I still have a long way to go, but wow, I know with the help of these amazing women, I'll get my photography skills to where I want them to be! I've taken tutorials and currently, I'm in the middle of one right now! I'm in the Shooting: 201 course. Shooting 101 was such an amazing eye-opener that I had to take the follow-up course and I also plan to take Natural Light: 101.

Since Clickin' Moms was the first photography forum I belonged to, I wanted to see what other forums were out there for me to gain more knowledge! So last week I joined The Bloom Forum! I'm just starting to get my feet wet in that forum, but I think I'm gonna like it there too.

I can be really really shy and insecure about my photos, so I had to promise myself that I would MAKE myself get critiqued and participate in challenges! My first photo challenge was the theme "Flight."

Here was my submission taken on August 15, 2010:

I don't think it was too bad, but I know I have a long way to go and learn! I'm really hoping to sharpen my composition skills because I know I'm lacking in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment