Friday, February 17, 2012

Window Light

Getting used to the added weight of the D700 is more difficult than I thought! Ben was a little squirmy, but on my D90 I *might* have been able to get this one at, maybe, 1/160? I closed my aperture more than I did normally in order to get used to the weight. To tell you the truth, I've been a bit discouraged the last few days with this new camera. My images were no where near "tack-sharp" like you often see with a D700/50mm combo. I thought I bought a full frame camera prematurely, that I had more to learn on my crop camera. So, I went back to basics and closed down that ap! I also micro-adjusted my lenses to the body (they were a bit off, but not terribly). And since I have the D700, noise at 1600 wasn't really an issue.

 Here is a photo from the FIRST set of images that actually came out the way I wanted them to! When I loaded them onto my computer and opened them up in Bridge and magnified them to 100%, I actually sighed, closed my eye and grinned. Dare I say, I almost got a bit teary-eyed? I was so frustrated before, but now I know I'm on the right track to conquering this beast!! I should have known it wasn't going to be easy.
  20120216_windowlight1/250, f/3.2, ISO 1600

No comments:

Post a Comment